Board :Story Contest
Author :Archon Iyagi
Subject :HM by solder
Date :2/19
                       Gone to War

War had been going on for many months. Many families had lost their loved ones and more being enlisted everyday. All able-bodied men were encouraged to enlist. Everyone knew it was only a matter of time that the King would make it an order as less people signed up to join the army. And this fact terrified the people.

Their fear realized sooner than expected. The King's order came when the General and his troop were killed in the recent battle.

"All household must send one able-bodied man between
    18 and 50 years old to help protect the kingdom! Must
    be present before the King within a week time!"

was the order written in the scroll delivered by the Royal's courier.

Dread and gloom overshadowed the village then. Sound of cries could be heard often from opened windows, including from Lu-ming's uncle's house. Lu-ming's uncle Lu-yang was only a few months short of 50 years old so he had to enlist. Lu-ming's aunt and their young children had been crying ever since.

Lu-ming was only 16 years old but looked 20 because of his built. He was also more mature than his peers. He lost his parents in accident when he was only a baby and had been living with his uncle's family ever since. They raised him like he was their own child. Even though they never wanted Lu-ming to feel indebted, Lu-ming still did. He knew he owed his life to his uncle's generosity and kindness. He knew he was going to find a way to repay Lu-yang for everything he had done for Lu-ming. This order from the King was his chance to do it.

Lu-ming bought sleeping draught from a shaman. He poured the whole vial in the stew meant for dinner. He made sure not to eat the stew himself that night. Everyone else slept for two days. Lu-yang woke up to find a folder paper on his bed side table. He cried when he read the content,

Dearest Uncle and Auntie

I have gone to war.
           If I never come back then
           please know that I love you.
           I hope your family will always be safe and well.
          Thank you for everything you have done for me.

Your grateful nephew,
             - Lu-ming

The King's courier delivered Lu-ming's uniform back to Lu-yang several months later.  

by : solder

Note : none of the names mentioned refers to any player.